In our house, spicy chicken strips are a favorite. It’s not just an easy meal, but it’s healthy, tasty, and can be customized by dipping it in your favorite sauce!
I use almond flour for my recipe because I try to eat grain free most of the time. Unfortunately grains and I don’t get along so well. But if you have a flour you prefer, feel free to use that instead of almond flour.
I get the seasoning for my spicy chicken strips from Savory Spice. They have a great selection of high quality, gluten free spices and their blends are always delicious.
The Nashville Hot Fried Chicken spice is hot—make no mistake! So if you’re not a fan of spicy, I’d recommend trying this recipe with a different seasoning that’s milder.
SPICY CHICKEN STRIPS
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Strips
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Nashville Hot Fried Chicken Spice
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- Lay the coated chicken strips in the baking dish or on sheet pan. You can always use parchment paper to discourage sticking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish or sheet pan.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips or use pre-cut chicken strips. The thinner they are, the faster they will cook in the oven. So make sure to be consistent in how thick they are so that your chicken strips cook evenly.
- In a small bowl beat 2 eggs. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, sea salt, and Nashville Hot Fried Chicken spice.
- Dredge each strip of chicken in the egg, and then in the flour and spice mixture.
- Bake the chicken strips in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked and crisp.
- Half way through cooking, turn the chicken strips over.
Serve with ranch dressing, mustard, ketchup, honey-mustard, or your favorite dip!
If you enjoy spicy chicken strips, check out this recipe for spicy chicken goulash!